There’s nothing more exciting than a Charley Pride greeting the television screen in 2017 for a live performance and that definitely came true last October 12, 2017, when Pride himself appeared for a special performance of Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’. It’s a part of Charley Pride’s ongoing promotion of his album that he released after six years entitled ‘Music in My Heart. To add on top of that Charley Pride performance was a stellar introduction from the one and only, Whoopi Goldberg who said that Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’ is one of her favorites.
Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’, Charley Pride
In one of his interviews, Charley Pride talked about Whoopi Goldberg and his planned guest appearance on ‘The View.’ He said:
“Whoopi and I spent some time together in New York at the Special Merit Awards where she was also accepting an award. We had a nice conversation and I’m looking forward to seeing her again and performing on ‘The View’ October 12.”
Throughout the short interview on ‘The View,’ Charley Pride and Goldberg briefly talked about how the two met during Pride’s accolade in Grammys receiving his Lifetime Achievement Award. ‘The View’ host further asked Pride about that feeling that the singer got getting an award and knowing that he is a person of color who sings country music:
“Well, I tell you. I’ve had so many and it’s just another one that I was so proud to get and please but I think, they get it mixed up and this one is the prettiest of all the three Grammys that I have and that does the trick.”
The interview further expanded to recalling Charley Prides stint as a professional baseball player and his humorous explanation as to how he answers the question, ‘What does it feel to be the first black country singer?”
Watch the fun performance and interview here:
Charley Pride, Whoopi Goldberg
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend