There’s nothing more exciting than a Charley Pride greeting the television screen in 2017 for a live performance and that definitely came true last October 12, 2017, when Pride himself appeared for a special performance of Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’. It’s a part of Charley Pride’s ongoing promotion of his album that he released after six years entitled ‘Music in My Heart. To add on top of that Charley Pride performance was a stellar introduction from the one and only, Whoopi Goldberg who said that Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’ is one of her favorites.
Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’, Charley Pride
In one of his interviews, Charley Pride talked about Whoopi Goldberg and his planned guest appearance on ‘The View.’ He said:
“Whoopi and I spent some time together in New York at the Special Merit Awards where she was also accepting an award. We had a nice conversation and I’m looking forward to seeing her again and performing on ‘The View’ October 12.”
Throughout the short interview on ‘The View,’ Charley Pride and Goldberg briefly talked about how the two met during Pride’s accolade in Grammys receiving his Lifetime Achievement Award. ‘The View’ host further asked Pride about that feeling that the singer got getting an award and knowing that he is a person of color who sings country music:
“Well, I tell you. I’ve had so many and it’s just another one that I was so proud to get and please but I think, they get it mixed up and this one is the prettiest of all the three Grammys that I have and that does the trick.”
The interview further expanded to recalling Charley Prides stint as a professional baseball player and his humorous explanation as to how he answers the question, ‘What does it feel to be the first black country singer?”
Watch the fun performance and interview here:
Charley Pride, Whoopi Goldberg
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash