The Cathedrals performing “The Champion of Love” live.
As Christians, we definitely know and believe who the champion of everything is. But in this article, we’ll talk about our God as the champion of love. Where else can we better find concrete evidence of His great and unconditional love than from the Scripture? From the most quoted Bible verse John 3:16 alone, we can profoundly feel how excessive His love is.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should perish but have everlasting life.”
Everything that we enjoy in life was made and given out of God’s love for us. Even the troubles that we go through in our daily journey on earth have good reasons behind them. It’s all part of God’s working in our life toward becoming our best self in accordance with His will. Indeed, He is the champion of love. Speaking of such, here’s a song that gives much emphasis to the prestigious title that only God can claim.
Few Facts About the Song
A timeless classic, “Champion of Love” is a Southern Gospel song. Christian music artist Phil Cross penned its wordings and later popularized by the legendary Cathedrals. Initially, the song was released under the group’s album Symphony of Phrase and also appeared on some of their greatest hits albums. Inspired by a boxing match, this Gospel classic drew lines similar to those stated within the boxing ring with modifications, of course. Given the group’s captivating lead vocals, the classic tune quickly rocketed to the top of the Southern Gospel Music charts. Over the years, many other groups have performed this gospel song.
Folks, did this piece inspire you? We would be happy to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Also, please do not forget to hit the like button and share this with others. For your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, kindly visit our website, https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or follow us on Facebook (Country Daily).
champion, Love, Phil Cross, The Cathedrals
- Here’s How The Chart-Topper “Don’t Let Me Cross Over” Became A Country Music Standard
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- How Lynn Anderson Turned “Rose Garden” Into A Big Hit Worldwide
- “Woman (Sensuous Woman)” Put Gibson’s Name Back To The No. 1 Position
- You’ll Definitely Relate to Ronnie Milsap’s “What A Difference You’ve Made In My Life”
- Restless Heart’s “When She Cries” is A Chart-Dominating Hit
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend