According to Music Row reports, Lari White’s memorial service will take place at 6 pm at Christ Church in Nashville. The church is located at 15354 Old Hickory Blvd. After losing a battle with cancer, country artist Lari White, 52, passed away on January 23.
The Life of Lari White and Some of Her Works
Born in Dunedin, Fla., on May 13, 1965, Lari White first rose to fame on You Can Be a Star, a talent competition that aired on the Nashville Network. As a child, she sang in her family’s gospel group, the White Family Singers. As the first-place contestant on the TV singing competition, she won a Capitol Records recording contract.
Lari White was dropped from Capitol after her first single, “Flying Above the Rain”, did not perform well. However, she signed with RCA Records in 1992. Her debut disc with the label, 1993’s Lead Me Not, was produced by Rodney Crowell. Her hit singles include “Now I Know”, “That’s My Baby” and more.
The major-label of Lari White’s recording career ended in the late 1990s. However, she continued to work as a songwriter. Some of the songs she wrote include, Danny Gokey’s “I Will Not Say Goodbye” and Toby Keith’s White Trash With Money. In addition, she acted in the movie Cast Away and was a cast member in the original Broadway production of Ring of Fire, among other roles.
Last November, she revealed that at the end of September, she had been diagnosed with advanced peritoneal cancer. In fact, Lari White spent the fall dealing with “a series of complications, including pain management, pneumonia and a bowel obstruction requiring emergency surgery”, all of which had her “in and out of the hospital, fighting for my life”. On Jan. 18, she entered hospice in Nashville.
Lari White is survived by her husband, songwriter Chuck Cannon and three children.
We pray for her and her family. Lari White will be missed. As a tribute, here’s a video of one of her hits “That’s My Baby”.
- B.J. Thomas and Wife Gloria’s Love Story That Won Against Odds
- Josh Turner’s Children Perform one of His Gospel Songs “The River”
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- 15 Keith Urban Songs That Helped Him Become The Country That He Is Today