There are a lot of country songs depicting a story of a family, a daughter, and a son. Perhaps, the most striking of them all would be the “Father And Son.” It merely talks about a son seeking his destiny and trying to go through life on his own.
The Meaning of “Father and Son”…
From the lyrics, one can understand that the father is having a hard time understanding his son’s yearning to shape a new life. On the other hand, the son has difficulties to explain himself, but within him, something is lurking and pushing him to pursue his purpose.
How it was made…
Cat Stevens primarily wrote the song “Father And Son” as a proposed musical project entitled “Revolussia.” The song was about a boy who wanted to join the revolution against the wishes of his conservative farmer father. Unfortunately, the project didn’t push through.
But on the lighter side, it became a huge success and one of the songs that reminds a relationship between a father and a son.
According to Stevens, the song wasn’t an autobiographical song. He explained that he never understood his father though his father lets him do whatever he wants. Also, he stated that “Father and Son”are for the people out there who can’t break loose.
“Father And Son” was written by himself Cat Stevens in 1970 as part of his album “Tea for the Tillerman.” It was one of the most successful songs in 1970. Also, it became his career-defining hit. The song was produced and released by A and M Records. Furthermore, it was created by Paul Samwell-Smith.
This song “Father and Song” is truly one of the best songs ever created. It simply a relationship between a loving father and a life-seeking son.
Visit us on our website to know more about other country artists and legends. You may also leave a comment below for the artists and songs you would like us to feature.
Cat Stevens, Father And Son, Moon Shadow, Tea for the Tillerman
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce