As we’ve discussed in a previous article, the place called Mt. Calvary does not only refer to that area where Jesus was crucified. But, it’s more than that. The place is sacred and it symbolizes numerous things in Christian life. Hence, many followers of Jesus express their belief in that place. Such expression of faith comes in various ways including hymns. Accordingly, several inspirational songs have been created carrying the theme of “Calvary.”
“A Place on Calvary” is just one of the many examples. This song was composed by Langdon Reid of The Statler Brothers. Considered as the most award-winning act in country music history, the singing group first recorded the song in 2002. It appears on the album Amen released that same year. The song also appeared in two succeeding albums of The Statler Brothers namely, America’s Greatest Quartets, Vol. 2 (2003) and The Best of Country Gospel: Collectors Series (2005).
The Message of the Song
“A Place on Calvary” as described in this song is no other than heaven. Being such, the narrator memorably expresses his deep desire to be in that place. Who doesn’t want to go to heaven anyway? Everyone one wants to go to heaven, where God and the angels reside. There, there will be no more sorrow and difficulty, just pure happiness and love. Hence, in the song, the singer asks God one important request,
But Lord, there’s just a one more thing
A personal favor for me
I just want to suggest
To make a Request
For a Place on Calvary
Watch The Statler Brothers singing graciously the song “A Place on Calvary” below.
Folks, did this piece make your day? We would be glad to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Likewise, please do not forget to hit the like button and share the inspiration with your friends and loved ones. Here on Country Thang Daily, we strive to bring you a daily dose of cutting-edge entertainment through country gospel music and their interesting stories.
Langdon Reid, The Statler Brothers
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- Loretta Lynn Remembers Eldest Daughter In A Heart-Breaking Tribute
- Marie Osmond and Steve Craig Found Their Way Back Into Love
- Unleash Your Inner Fierce With These Beth Dutton Quotes