Brief Song Info
American country music singer Jo Dee Messina made her first big hit in her career with her song “Bye, Bye”. Her fellow artists in country music Rory Michael and Phil Vassar penned the song and was released as the first single on her album I’m Alright. The track, which debuted an airplay on January 5, 1998, became highly popular both in the US and Canada. The song remained No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for two weeks. On September 4, 1998, “Bye, Bye” obtained Gold certified from RIAA. One of its songwriters, Phil Vassar, recorded his own version of the song on his 2006 album Greatest Hits, Vol. 1. Learn about Johnny Horton’s creepy death here.
The Song’s Strength That Catches Messina’s Interest
Basically, the song’s central theme had a great impact on the singer. In particular, bluntness emanates from its wordings which somehow resonates the type of personality she has. That kind of “You know what? I’m outta here, I deserve better than this” element of the song struck her the most. As someone who despises complainers, she considers approaching any situation with a peevish attitude as merely a waste of time. Also, as a believer in action, doing nothing when faced with troubles is similarly worthless. She reflected much of this belief in many things of her songs. What about you dear readers, do you have that belief similar to her? If so, then you would definitely relate to this song too.
Folks, did you enjoy this piece? We would be pleased to know your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Also, please do not forget to hit the like button and share the fun with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
Jo Dee Messina, Phil Vassar, Rory Michael
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash