It’s a huge honor for country superstar Garth Brooks to have had his concert held at Notre Dame Stadium. Dubbed “Garth: Live at Notre Dame,” the sold-out concert will be finally broadcasted from 8 to 10 PM Sunday, Dec 2 on CBS. The event was, of course, sold out. The stadium was jam-packed with fans and enthusiasts alike.
History was made on Saturday, the 20th of October inside the iconic Notre Dame Stadium when Brooks performed the first ever live stand-alone concert in the venue’s colorful history.
Brook’s Take on the Concert
In an interview, he expressed his feelings about performing in the historical place:
“I tell you what, to get the call to be the first concert ever in iconic Notre Dame Stadium was a blessing and a cure. First of all I was flattered and humbled and I couldn’t say yes fast enough. Then I was just so scared. Scared nobody was going to show up, scared of if they did show up because this is THE place. It was fun, Notre Dame made me feel at home as much as they could but the truth is when the rubber meets the road I just totally forgot about everything but the music. The crowd really responded, they were fantastic and it was one of the best nights of my life.”
Brooks also expressed what country music is and how it should be:
“That’s what country music is. We do a handshake before every show and usually the speech is talking something about the fact that the people who come to see us work their butts off, they take their kids to school, they work hard for their money. We owe it to them to give them three hours where they don’t have to think about anything. I can just sing and they can escape anything that they came there to escape. That’s the fun part of getting to play for a country music audience.”
He definitely made us proud! Watch Garth: Live at Notre Dame! At 8 PM on CBS!
concert, Country Concert, country music, Garth Brooks, Notre Dame Stadium
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash