About the Song
Released on September 2, 1996, “Mama Don’t Get Dressed Up For Nothing” was recorded by American country music duo Brooks and Dunn. It was the third single from their fourth studio album, Borderline. Overall, it was their eighteenth single. While it is known that they penned the song, the duo actually co-wrote it with friend Don Cook. In addition, Brooks and Dunn together with Cook also produced it for Arista Nashville Records. This four-minute song, however, did not receive an enormous success compared to the other songs of the duo.
Moreover, “Mama Don’t Get Dressed Up For Nothing” did not chart significantly. To note, it just peaked at no. 13 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs. Meanwhile, it went to no. 8 on the RPM Country Tracks in Canada. Unfortunately, the song was the first single of the duo that missed the Top 10 country songs in the U. S.
WATCH: The Music Video
Directed by Michael Oblowitz, the music video of Brooks & Dunn‘s “Mama Don’t Get Dressed Up For Nothing” takes place in one of the concerts of the duo. The scene then focused on two women who are preparing to attend the concert. However, the girl makes a quick stop and smashes a picture on the road. Other scenes in the video also feature cowboys who are seen lassoing bulls, while some are bullfighting.
The album cover of the duo’s album Borderline can be barely seen in the background of the stage at the concert at the beginning of the video. The two women are seen at the concert among the entire audience towards the end of the video.
Any thoughts folks? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
brooks and dunn, Mama Don't Get Dressed Up For Nothing
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait