The Heartbreak Song
Back in 2011, American country star Joe Nichols released his first ever Greatest Hits album. It includes the famous song Brokenheartsville, among his other great hits. This song features Nichols’ iconic cool voice singing about a man who saw his woman drive away with another man. It is accompanied by catchy guitar riffs and that uniquely country twang. The song itself had the signature Nichols sound. But it is with a more upbeat tone like the notable songs Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off and Joe’s Place.
Most people have experienced a love found and a love lost. As a matter of fact, people would tend to turn to music to express their feelings. And in the case of Brokenheartsville, it accurately portrays how it feels like to see your woman leave with someone else. Accompanied by its music video, it sends a straightforward narrative. Have you seen the video? Come check it out here!
Its Chart-Topping Performance
In its initial release back in 2002, it was the second track in Nichol’s second studio album Man with a Memory. While his equally great track, The Impossible, was nominated for a Grammy Award for the Best Male Country Performance back in 2003, Brokenheartsville became his first of 40 number one hits on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks, and also number 27 on the US Billboard Hot 100. In an interview promoting the album, he would continue to say that this song is a favorite of his that he did not write.
There’s no question of this song’s fame. It has become a popular song associated to the expression of heartbreak. Joe Nichols has successfully portrayed those emotions and captured the hearts of the American people throughout the years.
What are your thoughts on the song? Tell us about it by commenting below! For more content, you can follow our page at CountryThangDaily.
Brokenheartsville, Grammy, Greatest Hits, heartbreak, Joe Nichols
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance