Written by the great songwriter, host, and commentator for Country Music industry, Mr. Bill Anderson!
Get a dose of Our Hearts are Holding Hands.
Another cheesy title I know but if you are looking for songs to promote good faith and trust, this has got to be one. It has to be categorized as a “we-should-have-more-of-this-type-of-song-on-the-airwaves” to counter the influx of songs glorifying cheating and infidelity. Much as we are open-minded and liberal thinkers, it still comes as a shocker how the modern culture has become accepting on such atrocities. For most young people, they are only hearing the catchy tune and think less to nothing of the lyrics. Tsk! What a pity.
Anyhow, this song is a gem as it paints the beauty of the love between a woman and a man who, though apart, have committed themselves in their relationship. Temptations may come, and wealth may have a strong pull, yet their faithfulness for each other remains intact. The chorus expressed it beautifully! Again, thank you so much for your genius Mr. Bill Anderson! Some great stuff you have written!
Cause our hearts are holding hands across the miles
Even though we’re lonely we can smile
Cause I know you’re my woman and I know you’re my man
We’re far apart but our hearts are holding hands
There were other videos uploaded with the two legends’ photos mounted on them, but this one got the clearest audio. Listen well!
MORE ABOUT THE SONG:
First recorded and released by Ernest Tubb and Loretta Lynn in 1965. It is inclusive in the album, Mr. and Mrs. Used to Be, and it peaked at No. 24 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs. Other remarkable duet versions were made by Bonnie Owens and Merle Haggard with The Strangers in April 1966 followed by Tracey K. Houston with Troy Cook Jr. in February 2007.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?