Written by the great songwriter, host, and commentator for Country Music industry, Mr. Bill Anderson!
Get a dose of Our Hearts are Holding Hands.
Another cheesy title I know but if you are looking for songs to promote good faith and trust, this has got to be one. It has to be categorized as a “we-should-have-more-of-this-type-of-song-on-the-airwaves” to counter the influx of songs glorifying cheating and infidelity. Much as we are open-minded and liberal thinkers, it still comes as a shocker how the modern culture has become accepting on such atrocities. For most young people, they are only hearing the catchy tune and think less to nothing of the lyrics. Tsk! What a pity.
Anyhow, this song is a gem as it paints the beauty of the love between a woman and a man who, though apart, have committed themselves in their relationship. Temptations may come, and wealth may have a strong pull, yet their faithfulness for each other remains intact. The chorus expressed it beautifully! Again, thank you so much for your genius Mr. Bill Anderson! Some great stuff you have written!
Cause our hearts are holding hands across the miles
Even though we’re lonely we can smile
Cause I know you’re my woman and I know you’re my man
We’re far apart but our hearts are holding hands
There were other videos uploaded with the two legends’ photos mounted on them, but this one got the clearest audio. Listen well!
MORE ABOUT THE SONG:
First recorded and released by Ernest Tubb and Loretta Lynn in 1965. It is inclusive in the album, Mr. and Mrs. Used to Be, and it peaked at No. 24 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs. Other remarkable duet versions were made by Bonnie Owens and Merle Haggard with The Strangers in April 1966 followed by Tracey K. Houston with Troy Cook Jr. in February 2007.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List