Danielle Bradbery releases the next part of her Yours Truly: 2018 series with a somber version of Kacey Musgraves’ “Slow Burn.”
The amazing thing about this cover is that Bradbery was able to keep the rustic vibe of the original song. Yet, in the same sense, she completely changed the song by replacing the soft melodies of the banjo with a gentle cello and piano ensemble. Her voice fits perfectly with the change of pace. And the result is a raw, yet nuanced version that both screams her maturity and talent in music.
Listen to the hauntingly beautiful rendition here!
“Slow Burn” is the fourth single from Musgraves’ Grammy-nominated smash hit album “Golden Hour.” It bagged the honor of Album of the Year award at the 2018 CMA Awards last November.
Listen to the Musgraves hit here!
Yours Truly: 2018
Bradbery has already kick-started her personal project with her initial release of “God is a Woman” by Ariana Grande. In an interview, she expressed that these songs that she chose were among her favorite songs of 2018. Bradbery encapsulates her feelings of inspiration from the different songs of different genres in an interview she had with Billboard about the project.
“I grew up listening to all kinds of music from country to R&B and hip-hop, even Hispanic music with my mom’s side of the family, and all of those influences have impacted my own art. Incredible music was released across all genres this year, so I wanted to mark this moment in time with my own versions of some of my favorites. I can’t wait for everyone to hear my take on these songs.”-Danielle Bradbery
Post Malone’s “Psycho” will be the last song that Bradbery will release. It will drop on the 4th of January 2019. And, it’s very safe to say that we can’t wait what she does with the Malone hit!
Contemporary, Contemporary Country, Danielle Bradbery, Kasey Musgraves, slow burn, Yours Truly: 2018
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marty Robbins’ Son Honors His Father With “Big Iron” Tribute
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend