Since summer is over and fall is here, it is the right time to listen to this song. “Goodbye Summer” is a song written by Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Julian Bunetta, and Jaren Johnston in 2017. The song was first titled “Hello Summer.” It was supposed to be added in Rhett’s album Life Changes, but it did not make it. Therefore, it was given to country singer Danielle Bradbery.
“Hello Summer” By Danielle Bradbery
Bradbery’s version was given a female voice to the song. In her song, the narrator met a guy during the summer. They hang out together and have fun; she knew that falling in love with him will just cause her pain because when summer ends, he has to leave. It’s a summer romance kind of story that was written for Bradbery.
“It was goodbye summer, you tore me apart
Blue eyes and blue skies fade into the dark
Letting it go is the hardest part
Hello summer, goodbye to my broken heart.”
Chart Performance of the Song and Album
Her recording of “Hello Summer” became part of her album I Don’t Believe We’ve Met. In addition, she wrote six songs in her album. It reached No. 6 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, the album placed at No. 41 on the Billboard 200. Three singles from her album made it to the Billboard chart these are “Sway,” “Worth It,” and “Goodbye Summer.”
Danielle Bradbery and Thomas Rhett’s Collaboration
In 2018, Bradbery re-recorded the song and this time she collaborated with one of the songwriter’s Thomas Rhett. The song was slightly changed to fit two sides of a relationship. Furthermore, the title was changed to “Goodbye Summer.” Bradbery and Rhett’s collaboration brought the song to No. 44 on the US Billboard Country Airplay chart. It also placed at No. 39 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. The song was first released worldwide as a digital download, and it followed a release on radio stations.
Danielle Bradbery, Goodbye Summer, thomas rhett
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- LeAnn Rimes’ Version of Vince Gill’s “When I Call Your Name”
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?