Nebraska State Fair, the state’s biggest entertainment event welcomes Country megastar Brad Paisley to kick-start its musical festivities for this year. The concert is set to begin on Friday, August 23, at the Grand Island’s fairgrounds. It was first held on September 21-23, 1859 in Nebraska City. After its initial success, the following fair was held on October 7-9, 1868.
Paisley will be performing with Chase Bryant, Dustin Lynch, and Lindsay Eli outdoors. A stage has been prepared for them in the Fonner Park racetrack infield. They will also be joined by the Grammy-winning a cappella group, Pentatonix, the day after.
It’s also been announced that despite the venue being outdoors, the event will push through whether it rains or shines. This was something that made fans from across the state even more excited to see their idols perform for them up close and personal.
Apart from his scheduled appearance on the Nebraska State Fair, Paisley is also swamped with tours left and right for his brand new album, Love & War. His latest album is a tribute to legendary musicians George Strait, Prince, and Glenn Frey from the band Eagles. Paisley will be delivering over 16 years’ worth of his amazing guitar work, undeniable musical talent, and witty humor. The country singer also had a recent stint for a comedy special on Netflix.
Paisley’s concert will begin at 7 p.m.
After Paisley’s opening concert, the following performances will take place:
- August 30, 2 p.m.— Country Music Hall of Famer Ronnie Milsap will be exhibiting his piano-playing skills. He had previously performed for Elvis Presley’s hit song, Kentucky Rain.
- August 31— For King and Country, the Christian pop duo from Australia comprised of brothers Joel and Luka Smallbone will grace the crowd with their musical talent. They have previously won back-to-back Grammys for their 2014 album, Run Wild. Live Free. Live Strong. The duo has also bagged a couple of Dove Awards, Christian music’s top award.
- September 1— One of the South’s veterans and highly acclaimed country rock performers, Lynyrd Skynyrd follows after For King and Country. Even with just one original member left, the band continues to jam and bring quality rock music to their fans.
- September 2— Joan Jett & The Blackhearts returns to Nebraska and the annual fair. For her show, fans can expect a groundbreaking performance that’s said to be covering the 40-year career that ran from her The Runaways days and her I Love Rock n’ Roll hit to songs from her most recent album, Unvarnished.
- September 3— Last but not the least is Cole Swindell, who happens to be this year’s recipient of The Academy of Country Music’s New Artist of the Year award, will be putting up an energetic and funky live show for all Nebraska State Fair’s audience.
For more information on the event, check out Nebraska State Fair’s official website.
Brad Paisley, Nebraska State Fair
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today