There are a lot of things to be said about Bob Dylan when the pop music was just trying to play within the conventional means of music, Dylan was busy trying to incorporate his own take on political, social, philosophical and even literary influences. He is an artist who refused to be boxed in a specific genre although he does not want to use the term ‘crossovers’, he instead had made a what we call ‘personalized’ musical genres. Bob Dylan had gone from folk, blues, country to country gospel and even rockabilly. Many Bob Dylan fans would agree that his songs speak many unspeakable metaphors of life. Today, we take a look at his song, Make You Feel My Love.
Bob Dylan, Make You Feel My Love
In his 1997 album, Time Out of Mind, he debuted the song Make You Feel My Love. However, it was first released commercially by Billy Joel. In the 21st century, however, the song is clearly identified with several contemporary singers such as Adele and Kelly Clarkson. In the country scene, Garth Brooks had also tried his luck recording this version.
Bob Dylan’s keyboard player on the said original version, August Meyers recalled the recording of the song with Bob Dylan and said:
“Bob’s a fantastic piano player, when he wants to play. On ‘Make You Feel My Love’ he asked, ‘if you and Doug (Sahm, co-founding member of the Sir Douglas Quintet) were in the studio, how would you do it?’ And I said, ‘Well we wouldn’t have two drummers, four guitar players, and stuff.’ I said, ‘Did you write this on piano or guitar?’ And he said, ‘I wrote it on the piano.’ I told him, ‘Play piano.’ and I said, ‘I’ll play organ, let’s just have one bass, one drum and one guitar.’ so that’s the way we did it.”
Listen to the original version here and let us know what you think:
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More