Meet the Jackson Family
Band Members: Joe Jackson, Mike Jackson, Andy Jackson, Lana (Jackson) Estep, Chad Hurley
Hailing from Hurley, VA, this family of musicians are a must hear. Each piece they sing were a combo of great music and a sound description on what the Christian faith should be like.
The family band is at par with famous bluegrass bands like the Primitive Quartet and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver. Similarly, they’re fond of fellow local musicians like the flat-picker guitarists and singers, Kenny & Amanda Smith. And in the same vein, multi-awarded Mr. Larry Sparks by the IBMA (International Bluegrass Music Association) have left a strong influence on The Jacksons.
Currently signed up with Maggard Sound Inc, The Jacksons are seasoned players of Bluegrass and Gospel tunes. Common to any itinerant bands, they have combed through various counties in Virginia and North Carolina.
Here are two samples of their well-written and well-arranged songs.
I will Rise Up
Borrowing our sweet lady Dolly Parton’s words each time she sings spiritual songs, we hope you got a blessing from hearing the Jacksons.
A Time for Words and Songs
As we have perhaps noticed, patriarch Joe Jackson shares testimonies prior to the playing of songs. He just could not help it as he’s sincerely passionate about his Savior. In fact, in one of their acts, he had to say the following words to the listening audience,
“I’m not going anywhere until my appointed time, so you might as well get used to it.”
Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, primitive quartet, The Jackson Family
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- The Noah’s Ark in Kentucky Is Drawing Millions of Visitors. Here’s Why!
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait