Keith Urban hit number one on all four of the Billboard country charts with his “Blue Ain’t Your Color.” Released in August 2016, the song topped the Hot Country Songs, Country Digital Song Sales, Country Airplay, and Country Streaming Songs. The song is the fourth single off Urban’s album, Ripcord.
Three songsmiths collaborated for the creation of the song. Steven Lee Olsen first thought of the song title and called his friends Clint Lagerberg and Hillary Lindsay to complete the lyrics. The song tells of a man’s restrained feelings upon seeing a woman who is unhappy about her relationship. “Blue” speaks about the loneliness observed in the woman’s eyes. The man further expresses that she don’t deserve that kind of feeling.
As for the Aussie country singer, he immediately fell in love with the song upon hearing it. He appreciated the lyrics, the sentiment and the melody. He thought everything about it was beautiful. Hearing the song for the first time, he felt the connection, and it resonates with what he does as an artist.
The songwriters were confident that Urban is the best pick for the song. His smooth vocal flair can deliver the message in a collected and calm manner, never letting the song’s low-simmering strut turn into a boil.
In addition to its success, “Blue Ain’t Your Color” also received two Grammy nominations at the 59th Grammy Awards for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song for its songwriter. The song reached a million copies in sales. According to records, as of December 2017, it sold over 1,163,000 copies.
The Music Video
Premiered in September 2016, Carter Smith directed the music video for the song. It features Keith Urban singing on a stage while a woman comes into the bar crying. She plays the jukebox and dances alone to the song.
Friendly Reminder: Urban’s newest album “Graffiti U” is still selling on the market. Grab your copy while it lasts!
Meanwhile, be entertained with the “Blue Ain’t Your Color’s” official music video.
Blue Ain't Your Color, keith urban, Ripcord
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce