We now live in one of the most troubled times in the history. There is so much hate, envy, covetousness, apathy, and of demonizing of our perceived foes over differences in politics, religion, and race. As creatures patterned after God’s image, could we not do better? Sure, we can! That is if we are only willing to make it work.
If so, then could we start with something simple but one with a lasting impact? As the title suggests, could we be a people who, instead of repaying offense with cursing, are catalysts to the spreading of blessings and goodwill to others? Could we do and make that our habit from this day forward?
If you are in agreement, then folks, join Jim Reeves in singing “May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You.”
The song was included on his 1995 album called, “Songs to Warm the Heart.” Aside from Jim Reeves, other singers were hooked to the message of Meredith Wilson’s song that they decided to put it on records as well. Some of the known recordings were that of Perry Como (1958), Ernest Tubb (1951), and Tammy Wynette (1969). Furthermore, Kate Smith (hailed “Songbird of the South”), often sung May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You at the end of her TV Show, The Kate Smith Hour in the 1950s.
Inspiration was from an account in the Old Testament book when God commanded the priest Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel.
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace:..
gospel, Jim Reeves, Life
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend