“Blessed Assurance” is one of the all-time favorite Christian Gospel hymns. It depicts the blessings that we receive from God day by day. Also, the anthem is an excellent reminder of how blessed we are. Despite things not happening according to our plans, God still moves in mysterious ways to shower us with love and blessings. With this, be reminded of God’s plan for us through a very heartwarming and overwhelming cover of the hymn by the young talented Portsmouth Gospel Choir.
Back then, Fanny visited her friend Phoebe. At that time, Phoebe was having a large pipe installed into her organ. The organ was incomplete so Phoebe, using the piano, played the new melody she just composed. Phoebe asked her friend Fanny what she thinks of the tune. Fanny just replied,
“Blessed Assurance:” Jesus is mine.
Then, they started penning the words and lyrics of “Blessed Assurance.”
That very circumstance was the reason for the creation of “Blessed Assurance.” It changed both the lives of Fanny and Phoebe. It can change yours, too.
There are various renditions of “Blessed Assurance.” Perhaps, it’s because of the in-depth message. No doubt, the hymn is being used in different religious gatherings, in church, school, worships, and many more.
Let’s give thanks to God for everything he has done and has been doing for us. Beautiful things are happening of us because of God. We should be grateful.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Blessed Assurance, Fanny Crosby, Phoebe Knapp, Portsmouth Gospel Choir
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend