February 17, Sunday, NBC aired the Elvis All-Star Tribute concert. The show ran for two hours, and it was hosted by Blake Shelton. The Tribute concert featured performances from country singers such as Keith Urban, Pistol Annies, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, and more.
Aside from country singers performing on the show, pop artists such as Post Malone, Johnny Legend, Shawn Mendes, and more performed too. Some of them sang with other country singers.
Blake Shelton’s Performance of “Suspicious Minds”
One of the performances that stood out was Shelton’s cover of Elvis Presley’s hit single “Suspicious Minds.” Shelton’s rendition is a little upbeat than the original, but he still managed to keep it the same as how Presley recorded it.
Here’s Blake Shelton’s performance of “Suspicious Minds.”
Shelton also performed other songs of Presley. He sang “Trouble” and “Guitar Man.”
Elvis Presley’s Recording
“Suspicious Minds” was a song penned by Mark James in 1968. The first recording of the song failed to be commercially successful. However, when Presley recorded the song in 1969, it hit the top of the Billboard chart. Furthermore, his version has also entered various charts outside of the US.
Other Performances of Country Singers
If you enjoyed Blake Shelton’s performance, you can check out more performances from other country artists too.
- “Burning Love” – Keith Urban
- “Baby, What You Want Me to Do” – Keith Urban & Post Malone
- “Jailhouse Rock” – John Fogerty
- “Always on My Mind” – Kelsea Ballerini
- “One Night” – Darius Rucker
- “Are You Lonesome Tonight” – Little Big Town
- “Love Me” – Pistol Annies
- “That’s All Right,” “Don’t Be Cruel,” and “Blue Suede Shoes” Medley – Mac Davis, Post Malone, Little Big Town, Darius Rucker & Blake Shelton
- “How Great Thou Art,” “He Touched Me,” and “You’ll Never Walk Alone” Medley – Carrie Underwood & Yolanda Adams
- “Little Sister” – Dierks Bentley
- “If I Can Dream” – Elvis Presley, Carrie Underwood, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton