Blake Shelton’s 24th No. 1 Song
“Every Time I Hear That Song” is Blake Shelton’s fifth single on his tenth studio album If I’m Honest. The song was released to radio on the 20th of February last year. Prior to this, Shelton debuted the song in a live performance at the People’s Choice Awards in January 2017.
Five months later, the single topped the Country Airplay chart. That made the song Shelton’s 24th number one hit on the chart.
Also, the track reached No. 2 on the Canada Country Billboard chart. Fresh from its release, Shelton performed the song last April 4, 2017 at Universal Orlando for the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Songwriters Aimee Mayo, Chris Lindey, and Brad Warren provided the lyrics of “Every Time I Hear That Song”. The wordings talked about a love story that ended sadly. The woman’s memories linger on the mind of her former flame and continue to haunt him wherever he goes. As gloomy as the lyrics sound, the song has a music video featuring Shelton singing under the rain. It was shot in Nashville under the direction of Kristin Barlowe. Anyone who experienced a heartbreak could easily relate to this song.
Behind the Emotional Performance
Blake Shelton’s unsuccessful marriage with fellow country singer Miranda Lambert was no secret to the fans. Shelton has been open about it in the past. It seemed that Shelton’s sorrow following his divorce from his ex-wife has been directed to his delivery of the song. His emotion-filled performance in the recording of “Every Time I Hear That Song” somehow mirrors his real-life pain. It, in fact, added intensity to the already penetrating message of the song.
If you enjoyed this piece, please don’t forget to like and share it with other country music fans. For your utmost entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/.
Aimee Mayo, Blake Shelton, Brad Warren, Chris Lindey, Kristin Barlowe, Miranda Lambert
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family