Clint Black is undeniably among the numerous hit-makers in the country music industry. When his song “Nothin’ but the Taillights” was released in January 1988, his fans have yet another tune to fall for. On this day, that song we came to love turns 20. You read it right, folks! It’s been 20 years now since this song became No. 1 on the country charts. Yet, the two decades that have passed did not even change a bit of the song’s nostalgic effect on us. When we listen to it today, it feels as if it’s only yesterday when this hit was dominating the airwaves.
Brief Song Info
The song was released as the third single and the title track of his album of the same name. It’s one of the many songs that Black co-wrote and recorded which performed so well on the music charts. Black shared the song’s success with Steve Wariner who helped him pen the lyrics. Though the song employed a sad theme, many fans from the US and Canada became fascinated with it. The single topped both the US Hot Country Songs and the Canada Country Tracks charts making it Black’s 11th No. 1 song. It enjoyed the top of Hot Country Songs chart for two weeks. The song’s album was also the singer’s second-to-last on RCA Records and his last platinum album.
Folks, did you enjoy this piece? We would be glad to hear your thoughts or experiences related to the song. Likewise, please do not to hit the like button and share the fun with other fans of country music. Stay tuned with us as we strive to bring you a daily dose of cutting-edge entertainment through country music and information. For easy access to your favorite country songs, follow us on Facebook (Country Daily / @CountryGospelDaily) and Twitter @thecountrydaily.
Clint Black, taillights
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Meet Summer Duncan, Jon Pardi’s Girlfriend and Bride To Be
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids