I know that you are familiar with the saying “When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.” Anyhow, this has been a life mantra for those who are struggling to get by day by day. Life, nowadays is hard, not to mention the bills that we need to pay, the loan/mortgage, and the food that we eat. Just like for middle-class persons who need to have double jobs just to survive. Hence, if we will just work hard and focus then, we can achieve the dreams that we want. It’s free to dream but we need to move a muscle to make it happen. Well, sometimes life struggles are being incorporated into a song as its theme. Just like the hit from Roger Miller, “King of the Road.” By the way, it’s his Birthday today!
The Birthday Celebrator
He was born on January 2, 1936, in Fort Worth, Texas. Most of his childhood was spent working on the farm because of the great depression. Further, this scenario did not affect him, because at an early age he showed talent in songwriting. During his high school days, this young artist usually listens to the performers in Grand Ole Opry. Let’s greet a warm Happy birthday, the man behind the famous hit “King of the Road,” no other than Roger Miller!
The Return of Roger Miller
This hit was released in 1964, and it became a massive hit. After the songs breakthrough, it also conquered the international market. Anyway, I’m referring to the “King of the Road” of Roger Miller. In which, the song talks about the day to day life of a traveling worker.
Further, this hit was also performed by Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, and Merle Haggard. In closing, let’s go ahead and enjoy the hits that he left. Again, Happy Birthday, Roger!
Grand Ole Opry, king of the road, roger miller
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?