“A Better Place” was Glen Campbell’s song that was included in his final studio album, Ghost on the Canvas. This was the final album that he recorded right after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. Campbell and music producer Julian Raymond recorded the final album. The two collaborated in writing new songs for Campbell’s final album. His song “A Better Place” was the number 1 track on the album.
“A Better Place” Chart Performance
It is an autobiography of Campbell, as he sang his final days while he can still remember everything he has in life. The album, Ghost on the Canvas, reached the top of the charts, in and outside the U.S. The album peaked at No. 6 on the U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums, in 2011; No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard Top Independent Albums; No. 2 on the U.K. Country Albums Chart; and No. 27 on the U.K. Albums Chart.
Glen Campbell’s Farewell
After the release of his album, he went on a farewell tour the next day. He toured all throughout the US and some parts of UK. He was joined by his children from his wife Kim and his other daughter from his previous wife. The tour ended in 2012.
Though this album was intended to be his farewell to the music industry, he still managed to record two more albums. In 2012, he released his album See You There and in 2013, Adios.
The Song’s Content
The song, “A Better Place,” is a song that Campbell wrote that signifies his graceful exit as he faces the battle with his disease. He was aware of how he will soon become, but even though at times he can’t remember at all, Campbell with faith, believe that he always has a better place to be. The music video that accompanied the song was heartbreaking, as you watch Campbell look through old photographs of his life before it will vanish from his memory. Watching and listening to Campbell sing a song that’s full of pain, nostalgia, and hope despite his disease proves that Campbell was brave enough to face life knowing God will always guide him to a better place.
ghost on the canvas, glen campbell
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce