“O Brother, Where Art Thou?” is the soundtrack album of the 2000 American film “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”. The genius minds of the Coen Brothers wrote, directed and produced “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”. The movie stars George Clooney, John Turturro, Tim Blake Nelson, and John Goodman.
Filmed in Mississippi during the Great Depression, the soundtrack uses bluegrass, country, gospel, blues, and folk music. These were all appropriate to the said period. With the exception of a few vintage tracks like Harry McClintock’s 1928 single “Big Rock Candy Mountain”, most tracks are modern recordings. T Bone Burnett was the producer of the said track.
Tenth Anniversary Edition
On August 23, 2011, a 10th-anniversary edition of the soundtrack was reissued. It featured a bonus disc with 14 new tracks that were not part of the original album. All but two of which were previously unreleased cuts from the music producer himself T Bone Burnett’s O Brother sessions.
As of October 2007, the soundtrack CD became a best seller. Having certified eight times platinum. To add, it sold 7.9 million copies in the United States of America as of January 2015. Apart from those, it won several Grammys. One of it is for the Album of the Year in 2002. Second is for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals with singer Dan Tyminski. He overdubbed George Clooney’s voice in the film “I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow”, Nashville songwriter Harley Allen, and the Nashville Bluegrass Band’s Pat Enright. Last was for Best Male Country Vocal Performance for “O, Death” by Ralph Stanley.
In 2001, the album stayed on the Billboard Top Country Chart for more than 20 weeks. Because of this, it received the album of the year award. Also, “I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow” won an award for single of the year from the Country Music Association.
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend