Bone for bone we are the same,
Bones get tired and they can’t carry all the weight.
We can talk until you can’t even remember my name
Daddy don’t you worry, I’ll do the remembering
– Remembering, by Ashley Campbell –
Nothing on earth could make a daughter cry a river than her dad.
It doesn’t matter whether he’s been a good or an evil father. A dad will always have a special hold over his daughter’s heart.
Tangent aside, Ashley honors her dad with her song “Remembering” which Glen had the pleasure hearing two years prior to his passing away yesterday. Assuredly, the bereaved family is now receiving lots of love bombs from family, friends, and fans across the world. For sure, the past years of coping with Glen’s Alzheimer’s must have been hard for the whole family. Still, they were fortunate to have made more and better memories together than all his years in the spotlight.
On April 24, 2013, Ashley delivered before the national congress their family’s testimony surrounding her dad’s condition to advocate the funding of National Alzheimer’s Plan. This and Glen’s brave decision to go public regarding his illness generated a new legacy to his name. He’s more than a country legend now. He and his family has become an icon of fully living up your passion by continuing to do what you love. (Despite his Alzheimer’s, Glen has been on the road, performing on tours until 2014.)
As for Ashley, she’s more than glad that she gets to be part of those tours, performing alongside her dad. In an interview with AgingCare, she said,
“Obviously it would be better if he didn’t have it. But, it helps to try and put a positive spin on something you can’t change. I’ve gotten to spend so much time with him since we started touring together. I’ve learned not to take any moment for granted. To me, he’s not just an amazing musician—he’s an incredible dad. Thankfully, I’ve gotten to spend time with both.”
And here’s a personal note to Ashley:
On behalf of all daughters, accept our sincere grief and condolences over the repose of the soul of your dear dad.
RIP ‘Glen Campbell.’
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- 10 Best David Allan Coe Songs
- Deacon Frey Leads “Take It Easy” in Place of Dad
- How George Strait’s “Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind” crossed the minds of millions
- Home Free’s “Friends In Low Places” Will Make You Want To Spend a Day In The Beach
- Meet Kathie Lee Gifford’s Daughter That Dubiously Looks Like Her, Cassidy Gifford
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!