Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Voice
Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin is a staple in American gospel and has been one of the bringers of the word of God in the mainstream sound waves. She brings us great gospel hits, including “Mary Don’t You Weep.”
The song is that of the singer (in this case Miss Aretha Franklin) trying to console the mother of the Lord. The song can be interpreted during the time of Jesus’ suffering. And, even if Franklin possesses a voice that could literally shake the earth, she delivers the song in such a gentle manner. It was like she was serenading her sister or her mother. She was telling her that there was nothing to worry about and that everything will be fine.
The simple bluesy backing track and the grand choir behind Franklin were fitting for both her style and for the soul vibe the whole ensemble was going for. When you listen to it, it feels like you’re transported to church!
Listen to the amazing song here!
Mary Don’t You Weep
The song “Mary Don’t You Weep” is actually a very old Spiritual that originates long before the American Civil war. The story of the song depicts the Biblical story of Mary of Bethany, asking Jesus to raise her brother Lazarus from the dead.
Listening to this song might be very timely in the state of our country right now. This can be a song for all of us. In a way, we are all praying for something from the Lord. This song is just another vessel for God to say that he hears our prayer and that our time of Salvation and Grace will come. The current times are the times for change and repentance. It is the time for changes and challenges – a call for our faith to be strengthened. And strengthen it shall be.
American Gospel, Arehta Franklin, gospel, Mary Don't You Weep
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- How Alan Jackson Helped His Daughter Through the Heartbreaking Loss of Her Husband