Aretha Franklin may have passed away a month ago but the music that she left behind is still lingering in our hearts. Franklin will always be known by her soulful and gospel songs that she recorded. Today, we’ll listen to her award-winning album Amazing Grace.
Aretha Franklin’s Best Album
Amazing Grace was Aretha Franklin fourth album which she released in 1972. This is considered to be her biggest album throughout her entire career. Furthermore, her album comprised of two discs containing 14 tracks. Franklin recorded some songs that are traditional such as “Never Grow Old,” “God Will Take Care of You,” “Precious Memories,” “What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” and “Amazing Grace.” Her album sold two million copies in America. In addition, she won the Grammy Award for Best Soul Gospel Performance in 1973.
Here are the lists of songs in Aretha’s album Amazing Grace.
- “Mary, Don’t You Weep”
- “Precious Lord, Take My Hand/You’ve Got a Friend Medley”
- “Old Landmark”
- “Give Yourself to Jesus”
- “How I Got Over”
- “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”
- “Amazing Grace”
- “Precious Memories”
- “Climbing Higher Mountains”
- “Remarks by Reverend C.L. Franklin”
- “God Will Take Care of You”
- “Wholy Holy”
- “You’ll Never Walk Alone”
- “Never Grow Old”
Aretha recorded her album live during a service in New Temple Baptist Church in Los Angeles. This made Aretha return to her roots because when she was starting to become a singer, she first recorded her album in her father’s church. However, her Amazing Grace album still stood out among all of her albums because of Aretha’s soulful voice and also with the help of her amazing team.
The Shelved Documentary
While recording Aretha’s live album, a documentary was filmed during that time. However, it was not released due to a few reasons. First, the Director, Sydney Pollack, was not able to complete the film. Second, Aretha does not want the film to be released. Thus, the documentary was left untouched for a long time.
amazing grace, Aretha Franklin
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Watch as Mel Tillis Sings the Song He Wrote For Kenny Rogers
- Dolly Parton Revealed She Invested Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” Royalties in a Black Community
- Amy Grant and Vince Gill: The Story of Love That Inspires
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed