“(There’s A) Fire in the Night” is a song that Bob Corbin penned for the American country music band Alabama. After its cover, RCA released the track in October 1984. It was the fourth and final single from the band’s album Roll On. In January 1985, the song gave the group their 15th straight chart-topper on the Billboard magazine Hot Country Singles chart.
You might be wondering who Bob Corbin is. Corbin is a member of the band Corbin/Hanner, an American country music group founded by Bob Corbin and David Hanner. They began as a five-member band called the Corbin/Hanner Band in 1979.
By the way, check out our latest tiny log cabin kit guide here.
Single and album edits
At the beginning of the song—single version, there was a slight early fade. That is the only prominent difference between the single and album versions of “(There’s A) Fire in the Night”.
The album Roll On is the 8th studio album of country music band Alabama. RCA released the compilation in 1984.
All the four singles released from the said album reached the top spot on the Hot Country Singles chart. These songs were: “Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler)”, “When We Make Love”, “If You’re Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band)” and “(There’s A) Fire in the Night”. Apart from those, several made music videos for “I’m Not That Way Anymore” and “(There’s A) Fire in the Night”.
As part of their success, the Recording Industry Association of America certified the album quadruple platinum. This was the last Alabama album to feature the Confederate battle flag on the cover.
Under the direction of David Hogan, a music video of the song became possible. In the video, we can watch the band camping in a forest at night. They have aired the said video on The Nashville Network, CMT, and Great American Country. Surprisingly, this is not the original video. The original video, released in 1984, featured partial nudity. Also, writer-critic Edward Morris said that it had a “bizarre plot”. In the end, Alabama decided to pull out the video as it was not family-friendly.
Alabama, there's fire in the night
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- How George Strait’s “Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind” crossed the minds of millions
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch