Music veteran and country legend, Charlie Daniels has now established himself and his band as an authority on country values with their recording choices. Much as he has been exposed to a wide variety of music and genres, Daniels devoted his band’s musical talents to a pure and straightforward country in all their acts. Here is one good concert attraction.
“Hallelujah” by Charlie Daniels and his band
Written by another versatile, master musician, Bruce Ray Brown, “Hallelujah” is a great spin-off to that Christmas classic, “Joy to the World.” Besides the acclamation of our Savior’s birth, it also gave special attention to how the participants and witnesses felt. From Mary’s espousal to Joseph to an angel visiting him in his dream, and the leading of the three wise men from the east to locate Jesus’ birthplace.
The chorus was a brilliant take of putting listeners into a festive mood with the inclusion of the majestic titles appropriated to the coming Messiah namely, “Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, and Glorious.” They were recorded in Isaiah 9:6. It is noteworthy that Isaiah, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, wrote “wonderful counselor” as the first title of Jesus. Having said that, we could infer that
Jesus has purposely chosen that for himself indicating the kind of king he is. Unlike capricious humans, we could trust his words and promises. Everyone would be free to approach him just as they are without thoughts of much formality and fear. He wants to listen to each of his children speak and be the first and the final giver of a wise counsel. This way, he naturally earns our respect and love. What a contrast to the kind of rulers we have had who would go on a fit when people lose their respect for them. Jesus, on the other hand, accepts worship without demanding for it.
Charlie Daniels, gospel, songwriters
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend