Canadian Country singer Anne Murray released a recording of one of the known pop song “Hey! Baby.” The storyline of the song is about a woman who saw a good looking man in the crowd. The moment she saw him, she knew she wanted to be with him. In fact, she wanted them to end up together. The song’s words are simple and short.
“Hey! Baby” By Bruce Channel
“Hey! Baby” was written by Bruce Channel and Margaret Cobb in 1961. Channel first recorded the song on a local recording studio. When the song became popular, a big record label known as Smash Records took the song and released it to reach more listeners. Thus, Channel’s song reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The Cover Version of Anne Murray
In 1982, Anne Murray recorded Channel’s song and made it reach No. 7 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Moreover, the song secured a spot on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart at No. 26. Murray included Channel’s single on her album The Hottest Night of the Year. Her album also performed well like the song she covered. It reached No. 29 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In addition, her album placed at No. 90 on the Billboard 200. Her album contained two songs that were able to secure a spot on the US Billboard chart. The songs “Hey! Baby” and “Somebody’s Always Saying Goodbye.” The latter reached No. 7 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, it reached the No. 36 position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
DJ Otzi and Other Artists
Aside from Anne Murray who covered Channel’s song, some artists such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Charlie McCoy, Conway Twitty, Juice Newton, Alabama, and Lady Antebellum covered the song. DJ Otzi also covered Channel’s song, and he made it into an EDM version. He also made the song entered various charts.
In the Movies
“Hey! Baby” was used as one of the soundtracks on the film Dirty Dancing in 1987.
Anne Murray, Hey! Baby
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce