It’s not just the angels in heaven that are rejoicing over the salvation of one soul. Even earthlings could not help but shout for joy when one of their dear ones got saved.
To this hymn’s songwriter, Ms. Anna W. Waterman, it was seventh heaven. In tears, she had been praying for Charles, her husband, to be saved. Supported by another tender-hearted lady, they interceded for Charles’ soul for over three years. He was a heavy drinker and had been compromising his work. Regardless, Anna, being a woman of faith, managed to keep a good testimony before her unbelieving husband. She was not critical despite Charles’ shortcomings.
Hence, God, who also loves Charles as Anna, intervened. We’re not sure how (only the Lord knows), but Charles felt an inexplicable fear though heavily intoxicated. He hurriedly went home and told his wife that he wanted to be saved. With Anna and her friend as witnesses, Charles surrendered his life to Christ.
That glorious spectacle of the redemption of a once seemingly hopeless case inspired Anna to pen, “Yes, I Know.”
The Gaithers Vocal Group in “Yes, I Know”
The Faithful’s Prayers are Effectual
Having read the inspiration behind “Yes, I Know,” may we be encouraged to not stop praying over lost souls. Like Charles, the person may still goof around for years. He may continually resist God’s grace in the form of his family or friend’s unconditional kindness and help. Still, don’t give up on them. Leave them in God’s hands, but keep them in your prayers.
While we can’t interpret all of God’s reasons for the delay, one thing is for sure. It is when we persistently pray for unsaved souls that we can understand God’s heart. He wants every one of us so he made a Way. That Way is Jesus Christ.
gaithers, gospel, hymn, songwriters, Southern Gospel
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage