Brief Info About the Song and Its Performers
This 1975 Bill Anderson penned song named “Sometimes” was a recorded with his fellow country music artist Mary Lou Turner. It was the most successful song performed by the duo. Their duet singing worked at its best making this song reached number one on the US Hot Country Songs chart. It also charted on the Canadian RPM Country Track chart peaking at number three. Although the song spent only one week on the topmost part, it stayed on the chart for eleven weeks in total. Between 1976 and 1977, the pair has recorded two duet albums. Four of their duets charted including the chart-topper “Sometimes”.
The Steamy Vibe of the Tune
Romance is apparently the song’s main subject matter. Here, the duo is having a conversation about their respective love affairs. Both of them admitted that they’re bound with their partners in marriage but they both have unsatisfied longings. As they exchange questions concerning their romantic relationships, most of the time, their answer to each other was “sometimes”. Hence, the title of the song. As the lyrics progress, their conversation fell on them being drawn to each other sometimes. Thus, the inclination to forget their existing individual marital affairs arises. Eventually, one expresses his strong attraction towards the other. But, he’s afraid that once he started romanticizing the woman, he might not get over her.
Notwithstanding the cheating aspect of the wordings, isn’t the dialogue steamy? Did the song reel you in? We would be pleased to know your thoughts on the comment box below.
Also, please do not forget to hit the like button and share this with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
Bill Anderson, Mary Lou Turner, sometimes
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Rhonda Vincent Reminds Us the Power of Following God
- Kelly Clarkson Renegotiates Talk Show Contract Amid Divorce With Brandon Blackstock
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List