Kaitlyn Maher, a 4-year-old contestant at the renowned NBC talent show, America’s Got Talent, serves as yet another impressive example of the saying that great things come in small packages. Aside from the fact that she looked absolutely adorable in her pink dress, Kaitlyn captured the hearts of the judges and the audience with her sweet rendition of a widely-known and endearing song, Somewhere Out There.
Judges were wowed by how Kaitlyn seamlessly memorized and sang all the lyrics. They were also impressed because at a very tender age, she was already demonstrating a good grasp of following the song’s rhythm and melody. At the end of her performance, the audience gave her a standing ovation while all three judges gave her the go-signal to move on the next round of the competition in Las Vegas.
Kaitlyn’s genuine spirit surely left everyone all smiles—with their hearts joyful and inspired.
PS. Read about Billie Nelson here.
Life and career after Got Talent
Kaitlyn was able to make it to the top 10. Despite not winning, she still left such a huge impact to the audience after being the youngest contestant ever to go that far in the competition. She did guestings on several shows, such as The Great Kids Expo in Chantilly, Virginia. The little singer was also invited to perform at the live broadcast of the lighting of the National Christmas Tree in 2008, appeared in the 2009 Cherry Blossom Festival, and was also the opening act for The Addi and Cassi Hempel Fund benefit.
Aside from her adorable musical performances, Kaitlyn’s talents have also invaded television and film. The child singer and actress made an appearance in the Harris Teeter commercial, along with a string of voice acting and acting roles, namely:
- Santa Buddies, 2009, as Tiny (voice)
- The Search for Santa Paws, 2010, as Quinn
- Treasure Buddies, 2012, as Cammy (voice)
- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups, 2012, as Sarah Reynolds
- A Turtle’s Tale 2: Sammy’s Escape from Paradise, 2012, as Ella (voice)
- The Goodwin Games, 2013, as Piper Goodwin
- Free Birds, 2013, as President’s daughter (voice)
- Russell Madness, 2015, as Grace (voice)
- Mack & Moxy, 2016, as Trooper Kaitlyn (voice)
- Pup Star, 2016, as Tiny (voice)
Together with Indie Extreme, Maher signed a recording deal in late 2009. She released her debut album, You Were Meant to Be in December of the same year. To add to her overwhelmingly successful career, Kaitlyn was also chosen to become the first ever Child Ambassador for Compassion International. As the Child Ambassador, Maher visited children in El Salvador and even met her sponsored child.
Kaitlyn Maher continues to serve as a huge inspiration to children her age. She has proven over and over again that it doesn’t matter whether you start small, or are a more inexperienced compared to the people around you. If you find the strength to believe in yourself, give your heart and soul in every task you need to complete, and simply enjoy every moment you have to live your passion in life, you will be a lot more successful than you ever pictured yourself to be.[like_button]
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- “Sissy’s Song” is Alan Jackson’s Tribute To an Unforgettable Woman
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Best Loved Hymns VIII: Mansion Over the Hilltop