“Lord, I never complain, I never ask why
Please don’t let my dreams run dry
Underneath, underneath this Amarillo sky.”
God bless all Farmers!
You can say that again.
Farmers were integral in the building up of a nation. Investing their blood and sweat on top of monetary capital, they feed billions of people worldwide. Sadly, farming is an occupation that’s often understated.
Though born in the city, my grandparents raised me in farm life. Helping out was pure fun as a child. It’s when you became an adult that you realize how hard it is to make a sustainable profit with this kind of occupation. And with the economy down, prices for farmer’s crops always plummet. Though an honorable job, it’s not surprising that many of these farmers’ sons are seeking more lucrative jobs. This trend is alarming. Far be it that in the latter years, farming will become non-existent!
Songwriting, Inspiration, and Reception
Prior to that, it has also earned nominations for ACM’s Song of the Year and its music video the Music Video of the Year. Upon its release in June 2006, the song swiftly rose to popularity and landed 4th on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs.
From Country band McBride & the Ride (2002), Jason Aldean’s version is a dedication to America’s “future farmers.” A rising star back in 2006, Jason Aldean has a lot to thank this song for as it sky-rocketed his fame.
Penned by Big & Rich’s Big Kenny and John Rich, the song was brought to life in the music video by featuring real young farmers of rural Illinois. That was director Wes Edwards’ idea. The filming concept was rewarded with its nomination for CMT Award’s Best Direction.
Thank you for your continual support in sharing our passion to promote quality music online. For similar readings, click one of the tags below.
ACM, Farmers, Jason Aldean, Music Videos
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?