Alzheimer’s Disease is one of those diseases that does not only debilitate the brain but also relationships. It is heartbreaking for any child to see their parents age and it becomes more challenging if time robs them of their memories because of diseases like dementia or Alzheimer’s.
However, in many cases of Alzheimer’s, the patient may forget details like names and/ or faces as well as other important things in their lives but may retain their talent or skill in music. This is the case with Kelly Ridding’s mom who is now 88 years old. Kelly and his mom have been singing and playing music together since Ridings was a child.
Last May, he shared two very emotional videos of their duet in Facebook where his mom sang the classics “Dreaming of a Little Cabin,” made popular by MacWiseman, and “Praying” by Vern Gosdin.
Both videos show Riddings, from Dalton, Georgia, in the US, kneeling next to his mom who can still play the guitar so well. As his mom strums the chords to open the song, Riddings starts a flawless melody as both their voices harmonize. Her voice soft yet crystal clear.
Riddings shares in his Facebook post that although his mom lives assisted, she can still play and sing as good as she did before.
“I realized while I was singing with her tonight, I had never videoed us singing together, so I captured a couple of songs for posterity,” Riddings wrote. “Most days I miss her, but she always comes back to me when we sing.”hmers
“Mom is 88 now. She’s in assisted living and has Alzheimer’s but she can still play and sing better than anyone in my eyes.”
The moving video has received 42 million views and has been shared more than 46,000 times.
Watch their heart-warming videos here and share it anyone whom you want to smile today.
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?