One day we’ll be beside the people we love in heaven. We’ll walk hand in hand with each other, and share wonderful stories. This amazing thought can somehow give us hope and not fear death some day.
“I Want to Stroll Over Heaven with You” by Carl L. Trivette
Carl L. Trivette wrote a beautiful song for his wife, Marilee Rasnake when she was alive. He expressed his love for her in the song “I Want to Stroll Over Heaven with You.”
The Song’s Content
The song combines the love that the songwriter has for his wife, and the desire to be with her even in heaven. Furthermore, he never forgets to praise the Lord in the song. He mentions that all the great things happening in our life came from God.
If I surveyed all the good things that come to me from above
If I count all the blessings from the storehouse of love
Since this song was written for his wife, Trivette read the words to the song at her funeral. It’s such a heartbreaking thing to imagine, but one day they will surely be together in heaven happily enjoying each others company.
Alan Jackson’s Cover
As usual Alan Jackson never disappoints us with a stunning rendition of any gospel song. He covered Trivette’s “I Want to Stroll Over Heaven with You” for his first gospel album in 2006.
Jackson never released a single from his album, but all the songs were outstanding. His album, however, did well on the US Billboard chart. Precious Memories reached number one on both the Billboard Top Country and Christian Albums chart. Furthermore, the album secured the number four spot on the Billboard 200 chart. Precious Memories has sold a million copies, therefore, it was platinum-certified by RIAA in 2006.
Check out this rendition of “I Want to Stroll Over Heaven with You” by Alan Jackson.
Alan Jackson, I Want to Stroll Over Heaven with You, precious memories
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012