Back on May 2, 2013, Alan Jackson performed “He Stopped Loving Her Today” at the funeral service of George Jones. This is to give respect, to remember, and to commemorate “The Possum,” as one of the greatest country legends of all time. This was one of the most emotional tributes in country music.
Amongst Jackson, other country artists paid tribute to Jones such as Patty Loveless and Vince Gill. All of them were emotional as they dedicate their songs.
Alan Jackson’s “He Stopped Loving Her Today”…
It can be seen in the video how Jackson gave justice to the song. We all know, “He Stopped Loving Her Today” is a sad and a trademark of Jones. But Jackson gave integrity as there are no other country artists more qualified to sing the said song.
Furthermore, the video shows how Jackson hides and fights back his sentiment. Tears might not have fallen on his cheeks, but the emotion can be perceived in his eyes which he tried to conceal while performing. At the end of the video, Jackson almost lost it. This only means that he’s been holding his empathy towards the death of his dear friend. Jackson and Jones are great friends, they are, indeed, brothers by heart.
George Glenn Jones was born in Texas on September 12, 1931. He achieved international fame for his long list of hit and No.1 records, including his best-known song “He Stopped Loving Her Today.” Jones was also known for his distinctive voice and phrasing. In the course of his life and career, Jones was recurrently referred to as the most significant living country singer.
Without a doubt, George Jones touched us in so many ways. He moved and influenced people especially the country music enthusiasts. Specifically, Jones with his song “He Stopped Loving Her Today” made the world cry. With its thoughts and melody, it is indeed a lonely song. And still can make your eyes water.
George Jones’ Death…
George Jones passed away on April 26, 2013, at the age of 81 from hypoxic respiratory failure.
Alan Jackson, George Jones, George Jones' Funeral, Grand Ole Opry, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill
- Here’s How The Chart-Topper “Don’t Let Me Cross Over” Became A Country Music Standard
- How Lynn Anderson Turned “Rose Garden” Into A Big Hit Worldwide
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- You’ll Definitely Relate to Ronnie Milsap’s “What A Difference You’ve Made In My Life”
- “Woman (Sensuous Woman)” Put Gibson’s Name Back To The No. 1 Position
- Restless Heart’s “When She Cries” is A Chart-Dominating Hit
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend