To warm your spirits and uplift your souls, listening to a Christian gospel hymn is of great help. It can unbend your worries and bring you closer to God. A good example is the live cover and interpretation of Alan Jackson to one of the oldest hymns entitled ‘Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.’
Moreover, the lyrics say it all. Everything will be okay as long as you are leaning on everlasting arms, leaning to God. There will be a joy of divine, blessedness, and peace in God’s arms. Bright path grows every day if we believe in the power of the highest almighty. We do not have to worry, and we do not have to fear because God is near. Naturally, these strong words will remind us that God is with us all the way.
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
It has been 131 years ago since “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” was published. It was published back in 1887. Anthony J. Showalter and Elisha Hoffman wrote the words and lyrics of the hymn. Meanwhile, Showalter, himself, arranged the music. The hymn was inspired and based on “Book of Deuteronomy 33:27.”
Showalter was inspired to write the hymn when he received letters from two of his former students saying that their wives died. They were letters of consolation. With this, he wrote and published the hymn.
God is with us no matter what. He will never leave our sides, especially on our downfalls. God guides us in different ways. Perhaps, not on the things we have planned, but he does things according to his plans. These plans will surely benefit us in unexpected ways.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Alan Jackson, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- Tennessee Whiskey Dad, Kris Jones’ Bumpy Road Before Fame
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free