If you haven’t heard this song yet, hold your horses. This ain’t about famous singers who just opted to choose country singing as a fallback career and certainly not about rappers who have no choice but try country. ‘Gone Country’ is considered as a commentary song on the country music scene in an Alan Jackson style of commentary. Obviously, it’s all about fictitious singers who are the characters of this storytelling song, a Lounge Singer in Las Vegas, a Folk Rocker in Greenwich Village and a Serious Composer ‘schooled in voice and composition.’ All of these characters in the song had a similar turnout of events and yes you got that right. They all went country.
Alan Jackson, Gone Country
Singing the story of career-failed artists who have gone country instead, Alan Jackson said in one of his interviews his sentiments about the song and its writer, Bob McDill:
“Bob McDill wrote this and he is one of my favorite writers of all time. When I first heard this song I fell in love with it. I wish that I’d written it cause it says a lot of things that I’d like to say. I think it’s just a fun song actually, celebrating how country music has become more widespread and accepted by all types of people all over the country.
When I first heard this song I fell in love with it. I wish that I’d written it, ’cause it says a lot of things that I’d like to say. I think it’s just a fun song actually, celebrating how country music has become more widespread and accepted by all types of people all over the country.”
While many people would argue that country music has never been the same before it’s a happy thought to realize that the good ole country was once embraced fully without the touch of pop or any crossovers.
Listen to the song below and tell us what you think.
Alan Jackson, Bob McDill
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend