The song “Chattahoochee” debuted 26 years ago but it is still one of the most remarkable country songs that you will hear on the radio now. The song was a part of Alan Jackson’s album “(A Lot About Livin’ (And a Little ‘Bout Love). Incidentally, Jackson used it as the title of the album.
The Inspiration for the Song
The song is co-written by Jim McBride, an inductee of the Nashville’s Songwriters hall of fame. He said:
“I was living in Green Hills and I had a home office upstairs. I would spend the morning up in the office trying to get songs started, or writing or looking at ideas. Then I’d go into town in the afternoon sometimes and try to get some pitching done.”
For those of you who did not know, “Chattahoochee” is a river which forms part of the border between Alabama and Georgia. The song shows the simple ways of growing up in the countryside. It also tackled a little bit about love. That is why it was mentioned in the song.
Chattahoochee Then and Now
The song gave Jackson his first single to chart on the Billboard Hot 100. The song also received a CMA award for Single and Song of the Year. This is no surprise because we all want a song that is relatable.
Currently, the music that we listen to talks about the complexities of life. The trendy music involves those that share their struggles through the song. But for Alan Jackson and Jim McBride, they just want to show how life can be simple and happy. And this, I think, is a representative of the songs back then.
The music video has now reached more than 86 million views on Youtube. This would only boost the longevity of the song as more people listen to it from all around the globe.
To watch the video, click here:
Alan Jackson, Chattahoochee, classic hit
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans