Every year, the Country Music Association (CMA) allots time to celebrate Christmas. Hence, they established the CMA Country Christmas held annually. The event helps us get into the holiday spirit by bringing some of the best country music artists to perform classic holiday songs.
Last year, Reba McEntire hosted the event. It was an incredible night filled with joy, love, and talent from every artist. The night featured performances from Trisha Yearwood, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, and many others. However, one of the most loved numbers was Alan Jackson’s.
Classic Christmas Carol Gets Countrified by Alan Jackson
Country music icon Alan Jackson was one of the night’s most anticipated performers. Not only did he sing one song, but he also he also rendered a country hit.
Jackson opened his performance with a countrified version of a Christmas carol, “Have Yourself a Merry Christmas.” After that, he took on a country song by Chris Young called “There’s A New Kid in Town.” To note, the song was also previously covered by the late Keith Whitley.
Wearing his signature cowboy hat, Jackson performed theChristmas carol looking as dapper as ever in his suit. His performance left the audience smiling in delight and wanting more.
There is no denying that Jackson is one of the finest country singers we have these days. He is one of the few artists who stay true to the country music sound. Watching him perform is breathtaking and amazing. Truly, it is hard not to be in a good mood when watching a country music legend and a Country Music Hall of Fame inductee perform one of the classic Christmas carols of all time.
Listen to Alan Jackson as he delivers “Have Yourself a Merry Christmas” with a twist of country sound:
Also in 2014, Jackson attended the event and rendered the classic “Winter Wonderland.” Check out his performance here:
Alan Jackson, Have Yourself A Merry Christmas, Reba McEntire, There's A New Kid in Town
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?