Just like our phenomenal Alan Jackson, “O Come All Ye Faithful” has survived centuries since its conception in the mid-1700s. And with our star’s mellow and unpretentious delivery, all listening hearts are sure to hear the message of this old carol anew.
Highlights, Reception, and Reviews of Jackson’s Christmas Album
“Let It Be Christmas” is Alan Jackson’s 2nd Christmas album containing traditional Yuletide tunes. The only exception is the album’s title track, “Let it Be Christmas.” 7th on the track list, the tune is Jackson’s original composition and his Top 40 on Hot Country Songs chart.
Aside from Jackson’s mainstream fans, reputable Christian music records like the Capitol Christian Music Group are quick to recommend “Let it Be Christmas” for this season’s playlist. (And we couldn’t agree more on that verdict over an array of other albums to listen to). Most tenured and rising singers tend to add their flare. To be fair, that’s understandable as they’re trying to establish their marks.
Not for Alan Jackson though. With this Christmas recording, he did not attempt to outdo other singers in the background. Wisely, he sang these carols in their traditional tune and not once tempted to add some twang on them.
What’s New to Alan Jackson?
Other than his concert packed-calendar, Alan Jackson finally gets the award of his life. In June, he was inducted into the 2018 “Songwriters Hall of Fame.” Following that trail of honor, he also received the coveted 2018 Cliffie Stone Icon Award from the ACM Honors. The said event happened at the Ryman Auditorium in August.
ACM, Alan Jackson, Capitol Christian Music Group, O Come All Ye Faithful, Ryman Auditorium
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are Some Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Randy Travis