Released on August 9, 1985, “Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” was penned by Bob Corbin. Country music and Southern rock band Alabama first recorded this song in 1984. Music producer Harold Shedd co-produced it with the band for RCA Records. Furthermore, it is Alabama’s third and final single from their ninth studio album, 40-Hour Week.
Just after its release, “Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” was well-received by fans and artists alike. To note, it became Alabama’s 18th straight number-one song by November in 1985. Sitting atop the Billboard Hot Country Songs, the song also reached no. 1 on the RPM Country Tracks in Canada in the same year.
A Song for the Heartbroken
Going through a break-up and getting through it may be one of the most difficult episodes in one’s life. It can induce several different emotions such as being sad, angry, worried, and upset. However, there are ways to ease the pain in case you are one who is undergoing such.
Music is one of the best ways to resort to if ever you feel you’re lost and blue. Listening to songs that will make you feel empowered and strong is one way for you to cope with a broken heart. Here, Alabama’s “Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” simply empowers those who undergo a similar situation.
Whereas, “Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” is a tune that talks about a break-up. It encourages you to get through the stage that might fall into depression. Moreover, the song is easily relatable as it is something that tells us “enough is enough.”
So, if ever you fall into a/another break-up, don’t feel so bad. Just turn on your music and loop this song on your playlist. Because hey man, remember that no one can keep a good man down!
Watch Alabama 1985 hit “Can’t Keep A Good Man Down” music video:
Any thoughts? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit, folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Alabama, can't keep a good man down
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?