This amorous song narrates the tale of a lonely man who shares a passionate night with a woman he meets far from home.
Released on October 22, 1984, “(There’s A) Fire in the Night” is a country rock song conceived by Bob Corbin for American country music and southern rock band Alabama. Corbin is a member of the band Corbin/Hanner, an American country music group founded by Bob Corbin and David Hanner. They began as a five-member band called the Corbin/Hanner Band in 1979.
On the other hand, Alabama co-produced the song with record producer Harold Shedd for RCA Records. It is the A-side of “Rock on the Bayou.” Also, it is the fourth and final single from the band’s eighth studio album, Roll On.
Furthermore, “(There’s A) Fire in the Night” earned Alabama their 15th straight number-one single. The song charted atop the Billboard Hot Country Songs in 1984 until early 1985. In addition, it reached no. 1 on the RPM Country Tracks in Canada in the same year.
Directed by David Hogan, the music video of the song depicts the band Alabama camping in a forest at night. It has aired on The Nashville Network, CMT, and Great American Country. This official music video was not the original video as it was deemed too provocative. The original one, released in 1984, involves a man crossing paths with a sexy witch and being branded with a poisonous tattoo. This was put on hold as it was too “demonic” for the group’s Bible Belt audience.
Writer Edward Morris described the [origional] video as a “bizarre plot” and featured partial nudity which is not family-friendly. Hence, Alabama then decided to let RCA Records pull it out from circulation.
Watch Alabama’s 1984 hit song, “(There’s a) Fire in the Night” music video below:
Any thoughts? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit, folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Alabama, Bob Corbin
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance