“Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” is a song composed by Bob Corbin and recorded by the most successful country music band Alabama. Released in August 1985, it was the third and final single from the band’s album 40-Hour Week. In the same year of November, “Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” became the band’s 18th straight number 1 song in as many single releases. It leads to extending their streak just set three months earlier with “40 Hour Week (For a Livin’)”.
Here is a music video that filmed for the song, and has aired on CMT and Great American Country.
Going through a breakup can bring lots of emotions, from being sad, maybe happy, and most angry. If you want to feel better, finding songs that make you feel empowered is one way to cope up.
“Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” is a song about a breakup. Breakups happen, some are worse than others. It is nice to hear other people’s stories through songs. The good thing about breakup songs is that they are often empowering. In addition, they make you bring out the badass in you. “Can’t Keep a Good Man Down” is one of the songs that can give you encouragement to get through that depressing stage.
The song is relatable, and it is something we all have to tell ourselves after we had enough. It is time to move on and stop repeating past mistakes.
The 40-Hour Week Album
Two of the No. 1 tracks — “There’s No Way” and the title track — became milestones in Alabama’s recording career during 1985. When it reached the top of the chart on May 4, “There’s No Way” became Alabama’s 16th consecutive No. 1 single. The feat allowed Alabama to tie Sonny James’ 14-year-old record for most No. 1 songs in as many consecutive releases. Then, on August 3, “40 Hour Week (For a Livin’)” topped the chart. This gave Alabama their 17th-straight chart-topper and allowed them to surpass James’ record.
Alabama, can't keep a good man down
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Meet The Sweet Lily Pearl Black, Clint Black’s Only Daughter
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Vivian Liberto, Johnny Cash’s First Wife, Speaks Up About Their Ruined Marriage
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend