This day, we commemorate Keith Whitley’s 29th death anniversary. He was one of the pillars of the Neo-traditional Country Music along with George Strait and Randy Travis. His life maybe short-lived, but his music lives even after his untimely death. Keith Whitley had a number of no. 1 hits during his time. Interestingly, he had 7 more chart-topping hits years after his death. One of them is “It Ain’t Nothin’” which was released 5 months after his death.
Twenty-eight years ago, “It Ain’t Nothin’” topped the charts on January 13. It was a bittersweet moment for Whitley’s friends and family. “It Ain’t Nothin‘” was the second single and second no. 1 hit from Whitley’s I Wonder Do You Think of Me record. The album was the first to be released after his death.
The song showed an optimism that hid Whitley’s private battle with alcohol and depression.
Written by Tony Haselden and featuring lines such as,
It ain’t nothin a little bit of love won’t fix,
ain’t nothin but a scratch, a little bit of love can’t stitch,
ain’t nothin a little bit of love can’t heal.
Your love makes me feel.
No matter what hands me — it ain’t nothin, it ain’t nothin.
About the Song
Originally penned by Tony Haselden, “It Ain’t Nothin’” was recorded by American country music artist Keith Whitley. It was released in October 1989, eight months after Whitley’s death. In addition, it was the second single from the album, I Wonder Do You Think of Me.
“It Ain’t Nothin’” is Whitley’s fifth and last no. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart. Furthermore, the song was his second posthumous no. 1 single. The song spent one week at No. 1 and 17 weeks in the Top 40 Hot Country Singles chart.
Listen to Keith Whitley’s no. 1 hit, “It Ain’t Nothin’.”
Any thoughts folks? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
It Ain't Nothin', keith whitley
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- Loretta Lynn Remembers Eldest Daughter In A Heart-Breaking Tribute
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage