Trace Adkins’ Recording of “Ladies Love Country Boys”
The song was written by Jamey Johnson, Rivers Rutherford, and George Teren. Adkins’ took notice of the song and recorded it for his album Dangerous Man. After a few months, he released it as a single, and then it entered the chart.
The Making of the Song
Rutherford told Country Music Matter about the process of writing the song. He mentioned that it was written for Johnson, but he didn’t record the song. After which, he thought the song was going to be put in the shelf because no one wanted to record it until Adkins’ stepped in.
About the Song
“Ladies Love Country Boys” tells the story of a city girl who’s educated and raised to be a lady. She had good grades and a beautiful life but one day, she came home with a guy. He’s not an ordinary guy. He’s a country boy.
Now she’s comin’ home to visit
Holdin’ the hand
Of a wild-eyed boy
With a farmer’s tan
Adkins’ says that no matter how you raise a person, they’ll always fall in love with a man from the country because of their charm.
You can raise her up a lady
But there’s one thing you just can’t avoid
Ladies love country boys
The Album Dangerous Man
Aside from his song reaching the top of the chart, his album reached number one too. Therefore, this marked his second number one album on the Billboard. Dangerous Man also entered the Billboard 200 chart reaching number three. There were two more songs in his album that he released as a single. “Swing” placed at number sixty on the chart, and “I Wanna Feel Something” secured the number twenty-five spot on the chart.
Dangerous Man, Ladies Love Country Boys, Trace Adkins
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait