18 Years Ago
Today marks the 18th year of Aaron Tippin’s song “Kiss This.” The song was Tippin’s third number one song to enter the Billboard charts. It was written by his wife Thea Tippin, Phillip Douglas and Aaron Tippin himself.
Released on May 22, 2000, as the number one single on his album People Like Us. The song peaked at No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in 2000 for 2 weeks. Furthermore, the song spent a total of 33 weeks on the chart. Not only did the song peak at number one, it also entered the US Billboard Hot 100 chart at No. 42 for a total of 42 weeks.
His album, People Like Us, reached No. 5 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums in 2000, even spending a total of 81 weeks on the charts. His song “Kiss This” was actually his last number one song to enter the charts.
The Song’s Content
What will you do if you find out that someone you love is cheating on you? Will you still forgive them, walk away, or find a way for a sweet revenge? Nobody wants to be cheated on, because it’s something that will not just ruin the relationship but also the trust you built for that person. Aaron Tippin’s song is all about a woman taking revenge on her lover who has been cheating on her.
The story of how the song was created is actually a little funny. Aaron said that it was because of a fight between him and his wife, not a huge fight just a little misunderstanding. It was when he told his wife to follow the cookbook instructions on whatever she was cooking. Then he knew that his wife will get mad so he tried to divert the situation. They realize that their little argument can be turned into a song, hence “Kiss This” was born. Sometimes good things come out of something.
aaron tippin, kiss this
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family