The hype of the movie “A Star is Born” has been heavily felt since its announcement. The cast is star-studded both in the mainstream and in the cult following. It stars pop sensation Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, who also directed the movie.
Diving into the movie, I definitely felt that hype. However, I didn’t think of it much. Boy, was I wrong! The movie lived up to its expectations and offered much more. I would be detailing it here what I thought of the movie, the music, and my insights on a few issues that this version of “A Star is Born” sheds light on. All opinions are mine. And, tread carefully because there are major spoilers ahead! You have been warned.
For those of you who are not aware, this is actually the fourth remake. The bones of the plot are actually quite flexible, and every remake is fitted into the context of the generation that it belongs in.
In this version, we follow two struggling artists portrayed in the polar ends of the spectrum. There is Jackson Maine, a veteran country artist who is slowly seeing the decline of his career. And then there is Ally, a struggling singer trying to make it big in the industry, but can’t seem to catch a break. They met when Ally was performing “La Vie En Rose” at a drag bar. Jackson was enamored instantly, and this is where the story takes off.
The story capitalizes itself on four key prongs: the love story between Ally and Jack, their characters as individuals, how the music industry is as a whole, and of course, the gorgeous soundtrack. We are taken straight into the rise and the fall of stars, both in the lives and the perspectives of the protagonists, and the people were moving around them. And throughout the journey, we have gorgeous songs to accompany us along the way.
Let’s break it down, shall we? Look out for the next installment!
Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Movie Review
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance