The reputation of Ronnie Milsap was earned by his meticulous recordings. His Ground Star Laboratory was formerly Music Row Studio which he purchased from Roy Orbison. The Ground Star Laboratory was the precursor to the modern recording era, where artists such as Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley and Steve Wariner have built their own recording facilities. The former studio was used by Merle Haggard, Ricky Skaggs and Pistol Annies – appropriately still operates today, lovingly re-branded Ronnie’s Place.
Written by Curtis Wrgit and Doug Millett, “A Woman In Love” was released in September of ’89. The song was the third single from the ‘Stranger Things Have Happened.’ A country song that reached No. 1 on the U.S. country singles and told a story of a man who is confused with the way women in love behave. It says “You never know with a woman in love.”
The song was Milsap’s 53rd single to be released and his last number-one single which was accompanied by a music video for the song.
Curtis Wright just quitted Vern Gosdin’s band when he wrote the song. He said that when Doug Millett presented him with the idea, he was initially uninterested in writing the song, but “it kind of opened up like a book”. Wright was still concerned that its hook was too similar to Earl Thomas Conley’s 1988 single “What She Is (Is a Woman in Love)”, and thought that the song was not suited for Milsap’s style.
A memorable love song of Ronnie Milsap and a good song for young men who don’t know anything about women or girls. A song for young men who can’t figure out if a girl is in love. How can you really tell if a woman or a girl is in love? Let us know in the comment section below and don’t forget to share this song to other country fans.[like_button]
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”